Friday, April 10, 2009

Vegan Apple, Baby Spinach & Walnut Salad



So, I thought my first entry should be an easy recipe. A Vegan Apple, Baby Spinach & Walnut Salad. It's yummmmmmy, yummy, yummy! It's totally light, fresh, and flavorful!

Feel free to make more or add your own twist to it!

Salad:

-half a medium sized apple, cut with a peeler into thin strips
-2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach leaves
-about 4 walnut halves, crumpled

Dressing:

-one tablespoon vegan mayo (Follow Your Heart Veganaise is the best, I think)
-lemon juice of half a lemon
-half a teaspoon of vegan pesto
-salt/pepper to your liking

Put 'em all together for a simple spring lunch!




Oh! And thanks to veggie-wedgie.com for it's Waldorf Sour Apple Salad recipe. I worked with it and added my twist to it!

3 comments: